06 Oct Porcupine Meatballs
1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
1 tablespoon onion, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
10 ounces water (one soup can)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Combine meat, rice, onion and salt.
2. Form into 1-2 inch meatballs.
3. Place in a single layer in a deep baking dish.
4. Combine soup, water, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Pour over meatballs (meatballs should be mostly covered).
6. Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees, or until rice is tender. (Takes about an hour if using white long grain rice, takes up to 2 hours if using brown rice).
You can also freeze for cooking later. For freezing, place raw meatballs in a ziploc bag when frozen. Freeze soup mixture separately in another ziploc bag. When ready to cook, thaw both meat and soup (will need to re-stir soup because it separates), then combine into baking pan to bake.