11 Feb Edamame Succotash with Shrimp
In our effort to count calories my husband and I made this dish the other day. It was delicious! With only 292 calories per serving it is a great, healthy weeknight meal! Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
1 1/2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame (green soybeans)
6 turkey bacon slices
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, split lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin strips
2 cups frozen corn kernels
3 tablespoons white wine
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare edamame according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain.
2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; crumble bacon.
3. Reduce heat to medium; add celery, onion, garlic, and jalapeño to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in edamame, corn, and wine; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in salt and pepper; sprinkle with crumbled bacon and parsley.
The Skinny: Serves 4 @ 292 calories