I was watching Eat, Pray, Love this afternoon and it really inspired me! Not in the way that you would think…really I thought the movie wasn’t that great (sorry to you fans out there) but it inspired me to cook some pasta! All the food it in looked so yummy! I am still trying to watch what I am eating, so I created a somewhat healthier pasta dish. 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes
2 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
10 ounces of whole wheat penne pasta
Parmesan cheese (optional)
2. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. (Note: Depending on the acidity of the tomatoes you might need to add more sugar.)
4. Bring tomato mixture to a boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
5. Remove from heat; stir in cream and butter.
6. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
7. Serve over penne pasta with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
- Latest Posts