Now I don’t know if this is what this salsa is actually called but that’s what my husband’s cousin called it: Cowboy Salsa. Beth said it sounds like Texas Caviar and after some “googling” i’ve found it is also called Cowboy Caviar. Who knows. I like Cowboy Salsa so I’m sticking to it. I first had this salsa at my cousin-in-law’s graduation and quickly became obsessed with it. Hope you enjoy!
1 – 15 oz. Can Black Beans
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 – 15.8 oz. Can Black-eyed Peas
½ Sweet Onion, Diced
1 – 11 oz. Can White Shoepeg Corn
½ Bunch Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
1 – 10 oz. Can Rotel Original (or Hot)
¾ Cup Wishbone Italian Dressing
3 – 14.5 Cans Petite Diced Tomatoes
½ tsp. of Garlic Powder
· Rinse and drain beans, corn, and peas
· Drain excess liquid of Rotel and tomatoes (or it gets too runny)
· Remove stems from Cilantro, use chopped leaves only
· Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
· Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours
· Enjoy with scoop tortilla chips
I plan to make a batch of this delicious salsa this weekend for a little trip we have planned to Okoboji. We’re going to see our best man and his family which will be a treat since we don’t see him often (he lives in Texas).
Have a great rest of the week!