There is nothing nicer on a cool Autum day then some warm, creamy potato soup. This is always a favorite and it’s simple and easy to make!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
5 lbs bag of potatoes, diced (peels still on)
1 large onion, diced
1 large carrot, chopped fine
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 cups chicken broth (or use some homemade stock
16 oz cream cheese, softened
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sliced green onions (optional)
bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
1. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 6 hours.
3. Stir in the softened cream cheese and allow to melt (approximately 30-60 minutes). Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
4. Taste soup and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with onion and bacon. Serve with a side of crusty bread.
Serves 10-12 people