One morning, enjoying a bowl of shredded wheat my husband saw this recipe on the back of the box. Intrigued, he wanted to try it and we fell in LOVE with these chicken nuggets. The shredded wheat adds a little “healthy” fiber to the mix and the honey mustard sauce is awesome. I have recently updated this recipe to be even healthier and include calories on the meals. Kids of all ages (and husbands) will enjoy this healthy/tasty dish!
2 cups bite size shredded wheat cereal, crushed
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 lb chicken breast, cut approx 1-inch by 1-inch (boneless, skinless)
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons mustard
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl crush cereal down to 1 cup. I usually put it in a bag and roll a rolling pin over it.
3. Dip chicken into egg beaters and then roll in dry mixture in shredded wheat to coat evenly.
4. Place on rack in shallow backing pan.
5. Bake 15-20 min or until chicken is cooked.
6. For the dipping sauce: whip mayo, honey, and mustard together until smooth.
The skinny: 28 Nuggets @ 31 calories each
The dipping sauce is a little higher, but we never eat the whole thing: