One thing I love about fall is football Saturdays! I love when my husband is off work, so we can enjoy watching our favorite football team play. (GO BIG RED!!!) My friend Amelia invited us over to watch the game at her place and she cooked up some delicious brisket (which I hope she posts the recipe on her blog.) I offered to bring the dessert. I made two different types of cookies and both were a hit! I am sure you have all seen/tried/tasted Starbucks’ Cranberry Bliss Bars, well I didn’t have white chocolate so I came up with my own recipe adapted from a few knock-offs I found for the Starbucks version. I love cranberries with any type of chocolate and these bars were super easy to make, so enjoy!
source -sorry I forgot to take a picture
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a mixer, blend butter until somewhat smooth.
3. Cream together butter and both sugars.
4. Mix in vanilla and eggs.
5. In a sifter (I like to use a sifter instead of dirtying another bowl) add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift into bowl with butter and sugar mixture. Stir.
6. Add the cranberries, oats, and chocolate and stir with a spoon. The dough will be quite stiff.
7. Line a 9″x13″ baking pan with foil. (You don’t have to do this, I just like to because it makes it easier to remove the bars.) Spray the foil with vegetable spray.
8. Spoon in the mixture and spread evenly in pan.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Just check to make sure they are a golden color.
10. Cool and then cut into bars.