I am not a casserole girl….. I use to be, but I think during college I ate so many of them that I just don’t enjoy them as much. Once in a while though, I will stumble across a super easy casserole recipe that I find it hard to resist trying and this is the case of this recipe. My husband really liked it, but requested less cheese the next time, so I pared down the cheese in this recipe. It’s easy to put together and goes right in the crockpot, so make early in the day and dinner is ready at night!
Crockpot Cheesy Potato Hamburger Casserole
1 pound ground beef
1 box of Betty Crocker Cheddar & Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
1 can whole no salt kernel corn, undrained
1 can 98% fat free cream of celery soup
4 slices of 2% American Cheese or 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
2. When beef is cooked, add in chopped onion and cook until translucent.
3. Drain the beef/onion mixture.
4. In crockpot, place scalloped potatoes in bottom and mix with powered cheese mixture.
5. Pour can of undrained corn onto potatoes.
6. Top with spoonfuls of cream of celery soup.
7. Place ground beef/onion mixture on top of the soup.
8. Sprinkle with pepper. You can salt this too, but I found with the soup, potatoes, and cheese that no salt was needed.
9. Top with cheese slices or shredded cheddar cheese.
10. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, depending on your crockpot. After a few hours, I stirred mine so the cheese would not burn on the sides.
Like this post?