1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
18 ounces tofu, sliced into about 1″ x 1/2″ pieces
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
3/4 cup sliced celery
1 cup carrots, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced 1 ” pieces
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon of ginger paste
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 tbsp molasses
1. In rice cooker, cook rice according to package directions.
2. While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Salt and pepper if desired.
4. Remove tofu from pan and keep warm.
5. In same pan used for tofu, add sesame oil, carrots, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Once carrots and celery are tender, add onions and red bell pepper and saute for about 4 more minutes.
7. Add in mushrooms and green onions and cook for a few more minutes until green onions are tender.
8. In a small bowl mix ginger and soy sauce.
9. When vegetables are all cooked, add in rice and soy sauce mixture. Combine until warm.
10. When the rice mixture is warm, add in the molasses until slightly sweet. We only used 1
Serves 4 @ 381 calories