The other day I was shopping at Costco and picked up a box of these Quaker Soft Baked Bars for the kids (and me) to eat for breakfast.
1 can (15 oz) of Pumpkin
1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
1 cup Almonds, chopped
1/2 cup Died Cranberries
4 oz. of 70% Cocoa Chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a 9″x13″ inch pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
4. Add oats, almonds, cranberries, and chocolate to the bowl. Stir well.
5. Press pumpkin oat mixture into the 9″x13″ inch pan.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. Allow the bars to cool before cutting into 2″x2″ squares.
8. Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
The Skinny: Serves 20 @ 144 calories each!