15 Oct Apple Crisp
With the bags of apples you will end up with, the best way to use them is to make some apple crisp! This recipe is quick to assemble and pretty easy to make. I hope you all enjoy it!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, melted
8-10 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples (I use Granny Smith)
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put apples in a large bowl. Sprinkly with a little lemon juice if they start turning brown.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon until mixed together.
4. Slowly pour in some of the melted butter and mix with a fork. Keep adding in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon . 6. Cook, stirring until thick and clear, about 10 minutes.
7. Pour over apples in the bowl and mix together.
8. Lighly spray oil or grease a 9″x13″ pan. Pour apple mixture into the pan.
9. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of the apples.
10. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until bubbly and golden.