1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups diced peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch dice)
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup orzo pasta
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of dried basil or 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
salt and pepper
1. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion and cook for about 6 minutes until translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add squash and continue cooking.
4. Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth and simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed and squash is barely tender.
5. In a seperate pan, add remaining broth and bring to a boil.
6. Add orzo and cook for about 8-9 minutes. Drain the pasta.
7. Combine squash mixture with orzo and heat together for a few minutes, until the squash is tender.
8. Pour into a bowl and toss with basil and cheese.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Latest Posts