On cold Minnesota nights, this casserole is great for some comfort food that warms your belly.
It’s one of my favorite recipes because each member can change it to make it the way they like. My husband likes it spicy, I like it garlicky, and my kids like it plain. The ingredients are inexpensive and prep time is about 10 minutes, which is great for you Moms out there.
1 pound of ground hamburger
10 small red potatoes (diced to bite sized pieces)
1 can cream mushroom soup
1/2 can water
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown your hamburger meat in skillet.
3. While the hamburger meat is browning, cut potatoes into bite sized pieces.
4. When hamburger is cooked, drain grease and combine with potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, water, salt, and pepper in a medium casserole dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and continue to bake until potatoes are tender.
The optional ingredients of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and cheese can be added in after the dish has baked. Everyone in your family can customize the recipe for their taste. It should serve a family of four with really large helpings.
Serve with a side of whatever frozen vegetables that you can get on sale and some apple sauce.
Overall, it’s a cheap and easy meal for the family that warms bellies on a cold day.
- Latest Posts