25 Jun Baked Artichoke Chicken
Yesterday I was in quite the rush. We had the repair guy out at our house, the bug guy spraying, I was moving things in and trying to feed my little guy at the same time. My grand plan for dinner was Chicken Piccata with Lemon, Capers and Artichoke Hearts but due to my crazy schedule, I just didn’t have time to pound out the chicken. So searching on the internet for a baked chicken and artichoke recipe, I came upon a version of this one. I know it’s summer and the thought of running the oven usually makes me cringe, but all I can say is that I am in love with this recipe and it was totally worth heating up the house with the oven! This was such a great recipe and it for sure will be a regular meal. It’s just too easy not to make again! I know the pic doesn’t make it look the most appetizing, but trust me it was DELICIOUS!
Baked Artichoke Chicken
1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, cut
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, diced (I used the pre-diced garlic in a jar and used about a tablespoon)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
3. Place chicken in pan and sprinkle with pepper (I didn’t use salt because chicken already usually has enough salt)
4. Mix artichoke hearts, cheese, garlic, and mayo together in a separate dish.
5. Pour mixture over chicken and spread to cover.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
Serve with a nice salad on the side and some crusty bread!
The Skinny: Serves 4 @ 302 calories