I love a good hot breakfast and when a friend made this oatmeal for our MOPS group I was in love! This oatmeal is the perfect balance of well cooked oats, with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon! It is slightly sweetened, but not too sugary so everyone is sure to love it! It’s a great hot breakfast that you can prepare the night before and bake in the morning to give your family a healthy start to the day!
Best of all, it’s a hearty 325 calories per serving!!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (or coconut oil if you aren't worried about calories)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of sugar (you can use brown or white)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 cups of quick cooking oatmeal
- 3 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 cups of frozen berry mix (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- Mix applesauce, oil, sugar, vanilla, milk, and eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Add the frozen berry mix and stir slightly.
- Place oatmeal in a greased 9x13 cake pan and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, top oatmeal with almonds and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
The Skinny: Serves 10 @ 325 calories
- Latest Posts