My husband and I are in the middle of a 30 day Paleo Challenge. Adjusting to not consuming any processed foods (including flour) has been a little of adjustment for us, I LOVE TO BAKE! Of course, within reason…I make cookies every once in a while as a treat! I had no idea how to adjust baking without the use of flour, but luckily I have discovered the magical, wonder of almond meal! I absolutely LOVE this stuff! It makes a great substitute for real flour and adds a nice nutty flavor to everything I have baked. Here is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I came up with after trying a few others out. We love these cookies and they are pretty filling with the pecans and almond flour in them!
1 1/4 cup almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pecans whole or halves (not chopped yet)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
1. Mix almond flour and baking soda together.
2. Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until you get a very fine flour, but not so much you get pecan butter.
3. Add pecans to almond flour mixture with a fork and blend well.
4. In smaller bowl, mix vanilla, egg, coconut oil, and honey.
5. Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients with the chocolate chips. The dough will be really sticky.
6. Using a small spoon (I use a melon baller) spoon dough onto a cookie sheet. The size of the cookie should be about a heaping tablespoon.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until tops are toasted brown.
8. VERY IMPORTANT -Let cool 10 minutes before picking up of they will fall apart.
The Skinny: 20 @ 174 calories
Like this post?
- Latest Posts