6 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and broken into 1-inch pieces
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
6 slices of Swiss cheese (or shredded)
1. Brown chicken in a skillet.
2. Mix cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup of water, and mushrooms in crock pot until somewhat smooth.
3. Place browned chicken in crock pot and cover with cream of chicken mixture.
4. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
5. When chicken is cooked, place one piece on a plate. Smother with one slice of Swiss cheese (or if using shredded put as much cheese as you want on it), some mushrooms, and bacon pieces.
6. Serve with a salad on the side and some crusty bread.
With the hot summer weather still going full steam, I try my hardest not to use my oven. This is a great slow cooker recipe that is actually pretty healthy for you. You could spice it up with a little cayenne pepper, cumin, and garlic or just eat it as it is. I love this recipe because it’s fast and easy, and of course HEALTHY!!
The Skinny: Serves 4 @ 180 Calories not including tortillas or toppings