This is a great recipe to use up any only bananas you might have in your freezer. My husband is not a normal fan of banana bread, but this recipe with the double chocolate kick made him change his mind!
1 cup of butter
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
6 brown bananas, mashed
3 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two bread loaf pans.
3. In large glass bowl, melt butter in microwave.
4. With mixer, mix sugar and eggs with butter until combined. Beat for a minute.
5. Mix in vanilla and brown mashed bananas.
6. In sifter, place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift into bowl with liquid mixture. Stir with spoon until combined.
7. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
8. Pour into greased bread loaf pans and place in center rack of oven.
9. Bake for about 55-65 minutes until knife inserted in middle of each loaf comes out clean.
10. Let cool slightly before removing from pan. Enjoy!!